Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Today's Travel Lust: London

My last trip to London was in May 2012, and now that it's been almost a year since my visit I'm getting ancy and wanting to travel again. This past week I've been looking through my pictures and writing to the friends I took the trip with. Such a great adventure :)

Here's a recap of my favorite parts:

When we first got off the train at Kings Cross Station all the Harry Potter fans - myself included - wanted to find Platform 9 3/4. We searched and searched on the actual platforms and annoyed quite a few people (embarrasingly enough) but soon found that the platform had been moved! It wasn't quite as legit-looking as the original, but it did suffice. I think our picture turned out well!


Our Sunday continued by attending a service at St. Paul's Cathedral which was completely magnificent. The inside of the church was so beautiful and inspiring.


Standing on Millenium Bridge - glad the Death Eaters aren't here!
Tower Bridge! SO beautiful!
At the British Museum! One of my favorite spots.
Covent Garden's live music - it made me so happy :)
Getting ready to see Wicked with my roomie and good friend!

KEATS HOUSE!  
Visiting Keats house was, by far, one of the most exciting parts of my time in London. I loved the area of London in which he lived and I loved learning all about this amazingly sensitive poet and his muse, Fanny Brawne.

Visit this site to learn more about him!

I'm taller than Keats! (this is his actual height! Poor self-conscious dude) ;)
Sitting in Keats garden, trying to count my British money. 
After acting as our own tour guide the second day and stumbling around London on our own (yikes), the group reunited at our hotel  before heading out to see Les Miserables!


The pic below is of me and a girl who everyone mistook for my sister! It was kind of hilarious hearing that from several different people (even complete strangers!). Do we look alike?!
Standing in the Grovesnor lobby before Les Mis

All in all, it was a wonderful trip. Hope to see you soon, London! 

1 comment: